Ford Funeral Home first opened its doors in 1955, founded by two pillars of the Center Line community – Gus and Margo Ford. From the very beginning of their days providing quality, compassionate funeral services to the people of Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, and Wayne Counties, the Fords established a reputation for excellence and for having a deep sense of community responsibility.
Our current owner, George Rafaidus began working at Ford Funeral Home as a funeral director in 2004 and never thought of owning the funeral home. But the opportunity to buy Ford Funeral Home presented itself in 2012, and George and his wife, Charlene, have led the team ever since. They have implemented a number of staff additions and improvements, including a complete remodel of the facility in 2012.
Ever Improving for Our Neighbors
Despite having an eye towards the future, they continue the rich legacy began by Gus and Margo Ford by taking great pride in supporting local churches, school systems, civic and fraternal organizations, and neighborhoods. The staff is also very involved in Center Line community activities, participating in groups such as the Center Line Lions, Knights of Columbus, St. Mary, Our Lady Queen of Families Catholic Church (St. Clement site), Center Line Business Association, Michigan Funeral Directors Association (George is past president of District Six), and the National Funeral Directors Association.